Québec: Quebec Days of International Solidarity
In collaboration with Carrefour Tiers-Monde :
Each fall since 1996, Quebec Days of International Solidarity offer international solidarity with the support of the Department of International Relations of Quebec with different formats of activities in program meetings and exchanges spread over a week, and this, in all regions of Quebec. This formulation allows the public to better understand the challenges facing by our planet and to encourage commitment to a fairer and more equitable world by the exhibit of the international solidarity projects in Quebec associations that mobilize every day.
The days of international solidarity in Quebec have four objectives:
- Promote openness to other realities and a better understanding of the challenges of globalization and its impact on poor people;
- Learn more about the work of cooperating agencies and international solidarity;
- Engaging the public to promote international solidarity through concrete actions;
- Building relationships of solidarity between large populations here and elsewhere in the world.
Alternatives to help achieve these goals by holding diversified activities:
- Radio program: "Let's Make Peace: Disarm the markets"
-Interviews with resource persons, capsules (60 Min.)
Date: October 30th and November 2th
- Radio program: "For the globalization of peace"
-Interview with Msgr. Samuel Ruiz in the Chiapas peace agreements.
-Chronicle of Rigoberta Menchu's struggle against the impunity of former dictatorships
-Chronicle of the mobilization is happening here against the adverse effects of market globalization
-Announcing the JQSI
Date: Tuesday, October 31st from 17h-18h on Radio Basse-Ville 96.1 FM
- Evening entitled "Let's make peace: Take action to disarm the markets"
Date: Wednesday November 1st, 2000
Location: Laval University or Clap Theater
- Screening of "Operation Salami: profits or life? " with Philippe Duhamel
Date: Wednesday November 1, 2000th
Location: Laval University
- Conference: "Justice and Rights in Guatemala" with Rigoberta Menchu, winner of a Nobel Prize of Peace
Symbol of the resistance of indigenous peasants in Latin America, Rigoberta Menchu will address the issue of the fight against impunity of former dictatorships.
Date: Saturday, November 11, 2000, at 20 pm
Location: Theatre of the campus of Laval University
Visit www.jqsi.qc.ca for more information