Quebec: Quebec Days of International Solidarity
In collaboration with Carrefour Tiers-Monde
Since 1996, every autumn, Quebec Days of International Solidarity offer with the support of the Department of International Relations of Quebec a 10 days program of activities, meetings and exchanges to better understand the challenges facing our planet and encourage the commitment to a fairer and more equitable world by the presentation of projects of international solidarity associations that mobilize Quebec daily, and this, in all regions of Quebec.
The days of international solidarity in Quebec have four objectives:
- Promote openness to other realities and a better understanding of the challenges of globalization and its impact on the poor.
- Learn more about the work of cooperating agencies and international solidarity.
- Engaging the public to promote international solidarity through concrete actions.
- Building relationships of solidarity between large populations here and elsewhere in the world.
Alternatives helps achieve these goals by holding diversified activities:
- Film screening: "Anyone who knew" Julien Elie
Screening of a film about the murder of a Rwandan refugee in Kenya, followed by a lecture and a discussion.
Date: October 23th, 2002
Place: Laval University, Pavilion Desjardins, 12
- Broadcast on Radio Basse-Ville CKIA, 88.3 at 18h
Date: October 24th, 2002
- Conference: "Palestine: Resistance to the occupation here and there" and film "Dreams of Exile"
Date: October 25th, 2002
Location: Laval University, local 1D, Pavilion De Koninck, 19h
Visit www.jqsi.qc.ca for more information