Quebec, Week for Peace and against WTO
Organized by Alternatives and the Caravan of Quatar-Quebec Common Front against the WTO.
Coalition Operation Quebec Spring 2001 (COQ) in Quebec City benefits from the Caravan against WTO to announce the opening of the Week for Peace and against the WTO. The meeting of 142 WTO countries in Qatar, from 9 to 13 November, and the U.S. aggression against Afghanistan continues to drives us to make a new appeal for just and lasting peace, which implies a serious challenge to the current process of globalization of poverty and injustice.
Week for Peace and against the WTO will be held from 5 to 9 November. OQP 2001 and its member groups offer the public a series of activities to raise awareness of real issues in the U.S. attack against Afghanistan and the upcoming WTO meeting.
Monday, November 5
- Press conference OQP-Caravan
10am Coffee HumaniTerre
With a representative of OPQ, represents a group of progressive OPQ and two representatives of the caravan against the WTO: presentation of the action plan for the region that culminates in a demonstration on November 9.
- Conference "The WTO ... Consequences and Resistance"
19h Laval University
-Antony Aleyamma Secretary General of the World Forum of Fishermen Peoples in India and activist against neoliberal globalization.
-John Harry Clerveau Secretary General of the Federation of Unions of electricity workers in Haiti.
-Michael C. Newspaper reporter parallel Indy Media UK. Serge Roy
- President of the Quebec chapter of the World Water Contract and a member of Operation Quebec Spring 2001.
- Conference on AIDS, the drugs and interventions of the WTO about the drug by Moustapha of MIELS Quebec at Cégep de Ste-Foy.
Wednesday, November 6
- Debate on WTO
14h at Cégep de Ste-Foy
- Theatre Mondialissimo on globalization
19h at CEGEP Ste-Foy
Thursday, November 7
- Participatory workshop on how to protest here and in Chile at 15h, by Thomas Chiasson-Lebel, a former intern of Alternatives.
Friday, November 8
- Conference against the WTO by the RQIC Table and convergence.
Saturday, November 9
WALK FOR PEACE AND AGAINST THE WTO. Starting point at the Grand Theatre.