Service d’Appui au Développement Régional Intégré (SADRI)-DCR
The SADRI is the development arm of the Church of Christ in Congo in Katanga Province. With 13 full-time officers including 3 women, SADRI runs a program to build peace around the following:
- The control of natural resources and the impact of their exploitation for the benefit of local people ;
- The coexistence of communities (ethnic and tribal) indigenous and those from elsewhere ;
- The public participation in local governance.
Activities carried out for the construction of peace:
- The community reconciliation and Katanga kasaïnnes Likasi and surrounding
- The formation of nucleus of peace on the techniques of peaceful conflict resolution
- Installation of 10 committees peacemakers:
- Likasi and surrounding six committees
-Kolwezi, a committee
-Bukama, a committee
-Kilwa, a committee
-Ankoro, a committee
- Awareness of political leaders about the risks of division and hate speech during the tribal election.