Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica: "Rummage around in the world salsa" : Internship in Information Technology and Communications
In collaboration with:
- Brazil: Grupo Cultural Afro Reggae,Ser Mulher, Grama, Central Unica dos Trabalhadores, Terrazul, Instituto Florestan Fernandez
- Chile: Sociedad Cultural Teatro La Carreta, Imagines en Movimiento, Municipalidad de Desarrollo Comunitario Lota, Biblioteca Popular de Coronel, La Surda.
- Costa Rica: Foro de Mujeres para la Integracion Centrosmericana, Mesa Nacional Campesina, Asociacion Cultural Giratablas, Panchas Carrasco, Coope Ortega.
Training specifically on working with information technology and communications (ICT) in developing countries. Trainees must attend in their efforts local agencies to build and disseminate knowledge regarding information technology and telecommunications.
- Take computer classes and language;
- Build a website for an organization in Montreal;
- Make a fundraiser.
- Installation and configuration of a network of workstations and a server;
- Creating a website or intranet;
- Connecting schools to the Internet;
- Assistance to a local organization that wants to get Internet access;
- Training of people in the community to ensure continuity of the project.
Training Location: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica
Duration: about 8 months (3 months of pre-departure training on site 5)
- Phase 1 (Brazil, Costa Rica, Chile): May 2 to October 13, 2000)
- Phase 2 (Argentina, Canada): 6 November to 22 December 2000 and January 8 to April 6, 2001
Number of interns: 23
- Chile: 5
- Brazil: 6
- Costa Rica: 5
- Canada-Argentina: 7
Internship conducted under the "Youth Employment Strategy" of the Ministry of Human Resources Development (HRDC) through NetCorps of the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)