Bangladesh, India and Pakistan "Rummage in Southeast Asia'': Internship in Information Technology and Communications
"Rummage around the World" South Asia Project: Internship in Information Technology and Communications
In Collaboration with
Rummage Southeast Asia:
- India: SANAM, AIDWA, People Watch, Tamil Nadu Science Forum, MCPR.
- Pakistan: SAPPK, HRCP, INSAN, WWO, Simorgh.
- Bangladesh: UBINIG Prabartana, Chinta, Narigrantha Prabartana.
Internship specifically on working with information technology and communications (ICT) in developing countries. Intern must attend in their efforts local agencies to build and disseminate knowledge regarding information technology and telecommunications.
- Take computer classes and language courses;
- Build a website for an organization in Montreal;
- Make a fundraiser.
- Installation and configuration of a network of workstations and a server;
- Creating an Internet or Intranet site;
- Connecting schools to the Internet;
- Assistance to a local organization that wants to gain Internet access;
- Training local people to ensure continuity of the project.
Training Location: Bangladesh, India, Pakistan
Duration: approximately 9 months
- 3 months of pre-departure training
- On place: August 16, 1999 to February 28, 2000
Number of Interns: 14
- Pakistan: 5
- India: 7
- Bangladesh: 2
Internships conducted under the "Youth Employment Strategy" of the Ministry of Human Resources Development (HRDC) through NetCorps of the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA).