Brazil, India, Morocco and Pakistan: Internship in communication and journalism
- To assist 5 young Canadians (of which 3 are women) that are underemployed or unemployed and recently graduated in journalism, communications or a related discipline, to gain practical experience and find employment in their field of interest and expertise;
- To strengthen our partners in Morocco, India Pakistan and Brazil by helping them to improve the content, presentation and dissemination of foreign communications;
- To increase understanding and support of the Canadian public on the causes of Third World through a series of documentary short-term, but also through education to develop future journalists and communication professionals in Canada.
- Basic training on international development, the country of assignment, the overseas partners and the sector of activities;
- Internship at a newspaper, an alternative weekly, magazine or radio station or television, private or community, in Quebec, covering the current issues in the South.
- To assist in research, writing articles and promotional materials and production of music for radio or local TV;
- To contribute to staff training and improving overall communications of the host organism;
- To prepare a series of articles and alternative radio or audiovisual recordings to be transmitted and published / broadcast in the Canadian news media;
- To maintain an interactive Web site to stay by which future journalists communicate with the public and potential employers in Canada.
In collaboration with the Moroccan Associative Space, South Asia Network of Alternative Media, Pakistan-India People Forum for Peace and Democracy
Training Location: Morocco, India, Pakistan and Brazil
Duration of Internship: 6 months (three in Quebec and 3 overseas)
• India and Pakistan: 4 October 1999 to March 17, 2000
• Morocco and Brazil: 29 November 1999 to 17 December 1999 and January 3, 2000 to May 26, 2000
Number of students: 5
Training conducted within the framework of "Youth Action Program" of the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)