India: ''Rummage in India
In collaboration with:
- The Other Media;
- SABRANG Communications
- DDS / COVA;
- People's Media.
Training specifically on working with information technology and communications (ICT) in Indian organizations. Trainees must attend in their efforts local agencies to build and disseminate knowledge on information technology and telecommunications.
- Take computer classes on HTML programming;
- Meet resource people to understand the social, cultural, political and economic in India;
- Work on the actual site of Alternatives, the project site, the site of the AVENUE and a CD ROM photo on Mozambique.
- Installation and configuration of a network of workstations and a server;
- Creating a website or intranet;
- Connecting schools to the Internet;
- Assistance to a local organization that wants to get Internet access;
- Training of people in the community to ensure continuity of the project.
- Monitoring of trainees' work in India;
- Put online the sites produced in India;
- Monitor and contact for both teams with potential employers;
- Program evaluation
- Contact media companies and industries working in the field in the communications field interested to hire young professionals.
Number of trainees: 15
Duration: 6 months in India
- Group 1: 8
- Group 2: 7
Course conducted under the programme "Youth Employment Strategy" of the Ministry of Human Resources Development (HRDC) through NetCorps of the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)