Marocco, Mexique, Mozambique et Nepal « Rummage around the world MMMN » : Training in Information Technology and Communications
In collaboration with
Rummage South Asia:
Nepal: South Asia Forum for Human Rights, Green Energy Mission Nepal.
- Morocco: Associative Space.
- Mozambique: LINK NGO Forum.
- Mexico: RMALC
Training specifically on working with information technology and communications (ICT) in developing countries. Trainees must attend in their efforts local agencies to build and disseminate knowledge regarding information technology and telecommunications.
- Take computer classes and language;
- Build a website for an organization in Montreal;
- Make a fundraiser.
- Installation and configuration of a network of workstations and a server;
- Creating a website or intranet;
- Connecting schools to the Internet;
- Assistance to a local organization that wants to get Internet access;
- Training of people in the community to ensure continuity of the project.
Training Location: Mexico, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal.
Duration: about 8 months (3 months of pre-departure training on site 5)
- Phase 1 (Brazil, Costa Rica, Chile): May 2 to October 13, 2000)
- Phase 2 (Argentina, Canada): 6 November to 22 December 2000 and January 8 to April 6, 2001
- Phase 3 (Mexico, Mozambique, Morocco, Nepal): 18 September 2000 to 2 March 2001
Number of interns: 16
- Mexico: 5
- Mozambique: 5
- Morocco: 5
- Nepal: 1
Internship conducted under the programme "Youth Employment Strategy" of the Ministry of Human Resources Development (HRDC) through NetCorps of the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)