Documentaries for the rights of youth and children in Ecuador
Region, city or village: Quito, Ecuador
Résumé of internship objectives:
- Train the young participants and employees of the ACJ Quito office to the use of communication tools.
- Support a concrete community project aiming to the empowerment of a collectivity, in particular as regards to education, information and communication;
- Share Alternatives’ knowledge and best practice on communications strategies
- Bring a technical assistance to improve the working communication tools of ACJ Ecuador;
- Acquire practical knowledge in communications for development
- Undertake public awareness activities to sensitize Quebecois to issues related to ecuadorian sustainable development.
Résumé of field activities:
- Participate and organize planning meetings with the youth organisations working with ACJ Ecuador;
- Research on the following themes preparing the production of short documentaries: youth and children rights, youth citizen participation, development of a peace culture;
- In collaboration with young Ecuadorian participants, scenarize short documentairies and plan their production;
- Prepare workshops in video editing and produce training material
- Facilitate video production workshops.
- Film and edit in collaboration young Ecuadorian participants, 3 short documentaries on the topics previously mentiooned.
- Animer des ateliers de formation en production audiovisuelle;
Number of project participants : 6 interns and 1 accompanier
Overseas placement : From 14 June to 13 August 2010 (60 days)
Pre-departure training : From 9 November 2009 to 13 June 2010
Eligibility requirements for participating interns
Eligibility criteria for the accompanier :